Thursday 19 June 2014

Well you're a bit dissapointing...


Hello everybody!

So today I'm going to talk to you about some of the products that simply haven't hit the mark for me, those items that after first use are pushed into the depths of my makeup/hair care collection, only seen again in posts like these. Now just because I don't like them does not mean that they won' work for you, however for me they just don't work.


Batiste XXL Volume Dry Shampoo

I actually threw this away after first use, because I simply hated it. For me it didn't increase the amount of volume in my hair at all, but instead made my hair feel tacky and disgusting, greasier than before I applied, and a nightmare to style I was very upset to dislike it so much because I love the other Batiste offerings, I have a bit of a thing for the Cool and Crisp variety. But to my despair, this one definitely did not hit the mark. I can't even think of anything positive to say about it.

V05 Give me Texture Style Spray

This was underwhelming because I found it just didn't do a lot for me. Yes, my curls did stay in longer when used but for texture, I can't say that it did a lot for me at all,*shrugs*.

17 Blemish Balm

Okay, so on the packaging this product is described as 'light'. Light. Really? For me this is way too dark for my skin, I know I should have tested it but I bought it last year when I didn't know much about how important it is to match your base to your skin tone. In fact I have discovered after a little research that 17 only offer this in two shades. Yes, that's right, two. Come on 17, bring out some more shades and I might be tempted to give it a go. Two shades, disgraceful!



No7 Stay Perfect Smoothing Eyeshadow in 'Iridescent Purple'

I should have been more careful before buying this product and read all the appalling reviews on the Boots website. I bought this after falling in love with the sparkly purple in the tube, seeing a gap in my collection. In reality this is a pretty boring sludgy colour with a glimpse of shimmer (it is the bottom swatch above), and it doesn't complement me at all. It is very runny, however I find it clumps up on the doe foot applicator and can become difficult to blend. Other than that I love it!

Collection Deluxe Lipstick in 'Tallulah'

Don't get me wrong I love the colour, pigmentation and finish of this lipstick (the top swatch). It just doesn't last. It is such a shame, this could be my favourite lipstick other than the fact it slides off after 5 minutes. Why Collection, why?

No7 High Shine Lip Gloss

I have a couple of these which I really don't know what to do with. The colours are okay but very sheer, the shade in the middle is called 'Whisper'. They last okay but do require topping up and taste a little strange. However like many lip glosses, this has fallen into the trap of being way too sticky, so much so that I don't like wearing them, definitely not worth £9.

So, these are the products, I don't get along with, what are your disappointing products?

Love,

Bethany
x

Disclaimer: All opinions on this blog are my own.  While I will always give an honest opinion, I cannot guarantee that an product which works for me will also work for you. I will work hard to bring you unique posts on my blog and all work will be my own. Please contact me with the email bethfairlyfantastic@gmail.com  for permission to use photographs and please do not use without consent.

No comments:

Post a Comment